Sunday, September 25, 2011

My First Paleo Dinner!



On Saturday I am embarking on a month long challenge with my CrossFit gym where we eat a strictly Paleo diet for the whole month of October. I was kind of on the fence about this because I'm not the type of person who likes to cut out food groups entirely. It just freaks me out. But I've been hearing so many great things about Paleo (and since I'm lactose intolerant I've already completely given up dairy) so I figured I can do it for 31 days. I intend on adding corn, legumes, soy, and maybe some whole grains back into my diet as soon as the challenge is over, but I am interested to see what happens by staying strict the whole month. We had a seminar this evening where the purpose of why grains, soy, dairy, etc. is cut out of the diet was explained to us in detail and all of our questions were answered. I was feeling a little nervous about it when I got home so I decided to cook my first Paleo meal to give myself a little reassurance that I can do this. The result was awesome. Baked tilapia with a veggie sauce over spaghetti squash instead of my usual whole wheat pasta or grains. It was filling and fabulous. I am totally committed to this challenge and feeling good about it!

~Dice yellow squash, yellow pepper, zucchini, onion, garlic, and two sundried tomatoes halves and saute in olive oil.
~Brush tilapia with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper, pinch of garlic salt and bake at 350 for 25 mins in toaster oven.
~Prepare half a spaghetti squash (I did it in the micro--it took 4 mins--how awesome?!)
~When veggies are cooked to your liking, remove them from heat and put contents in a bowl and mix a tablespoon or two of eggplant meze in.
~Place tilapia over spaghetti squash and top with veggie sauce. VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment