Sunday, September 25, 2011

Inov-8 Review



Indeed, I love my Nike Free Runs, but I was very intrigued by the Inov-8 cross training shoe that nearly everyone at my CrossFit gym wears, so I bought a pair at Tradehome in the mall. (Hoosier CrossFit members get 10% off!) So here's the deal on these shoes: No wonder everyone wears them. They're amazingly light and supportive. I think they are more stable than my Nikes due to the sole. The sole on the Free Runs flares out a little bit and if you roll over slightly it kind of buckles. The Inov-8's soles are flush to the ground, so they are very stable. They are just as light, if not lighter than the Free Runs, which I love. All in all they are a fantastic cross training shoe, but I have two complaints. First, they only come in whole sizes. Big time fail for people who are in between. The size 8s were way too snug so I bought the 9s which are definitely too big. Secondly, for people with really skinny feet (not width wise but top to bottom), there is definitely a little too much room. The Nike Free Runs have a bit lower of a profile which fits my foot a little better. I think if these shoes were available in my real size, an 8.5, this wouldn't really be an issue. Like I said, these are great shoes--worth every penny--and I will be wearing them to CrossFit and saving my Nikes for running and walking. They come in a variety of nifty colors too!

No comments:

Post a Comment