Monday, October 24, 2011

Under Wear...What to Wear Under Your Workout Clothes!

Fit, form, function. That is what we all need out of our under workout wear. Nobody wants to see lines, bulges, or feel uncomfortable, right? So here is my best advice on what to wear under your workout clothes!

Underwear. Perhaps this is TMI, but since we are on the subject I must say that I could never wear anything but a thong under my workout pants/shorts. I find all types of regular underwear to leave lines, fit awkwardly, or ride up. There are so many different types of thongs too and sometimes the thinner is not necessarily the most invisible. I think that g-strings (the thinnest possible, string-like thong) cuts into the hip even on the thinnest of girls and makes a distinct line. The best, most comfortable thong I use when I workout is the Lacie by Victoria's Secret. It is thin lace and has somewhat of a thick band around the side and is TOTALLY seamless. I have tried a million different seamless thongs, and this one is by far the best. They are one size fits all and you can purchase them year-round 3 for $30.
Victoria's Secret Lacie Thong


Sports Bras. Since I am not one of the lucky ones endowed with big bubbies I had to ask around and do some research. I can wear any type of sports bra and be completely comfortable and feel supported, but many of my larger bubbied friends need some more support. After doing some research, I have found out that when you workout, especially when you run, your girls don't just bounce up and down, but they actually make a figure 8. After years of working out like this, the skin could stretch, and they could sag! Ah! There are a lot of great, supportive bras out there at a variety of different prices. I love the Power Y bra from Lululemon ($42) and the Underarmour Gotta Have It bra ($24.99). For more support, try the Ta Ta Tamer from Lululemon ($58) or the VSX Sexy Sport Incredible bra by Victoria's Secret ($48.50).

Lululemon Power Y Bra



Underarmour Gotta Have It Bra


Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer


Victoria's Secret VSX Sexy Sport Incredible Bra

2 comments:

  1. Olympic Barbell you can carry out a wide assortment of exercises in a wide variety of unique ways. Interested to know more about ankle weights? find out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. fitness guide

    ReplyDelete