Saturday, October 15, 2011

5 Minute Pancakes!


I give full credit for this recipe to my friend Cara, a fellow CrossFitter. These pancakes--filled with fiber, protein, healthy fat and omega 3s--are so yummy and take under 5 minutes to prepare and cook. Perfect for a busy morning!

1 mashed banana
1 egg
2 tbsp. almond butter
1.5 tbsp flaxseed meal

Mix ingredients and fry for about a minute on each side. Et Voila!

The past few mornings I have been making half the recipe (yields about 3 small-medium pancakes) and having 4 egg whites with it. I attempted to sub pumpkin for the banana yesterday and that was a bit of a disappointment. The sugar in the banana is just enough to make it sweet, but the pumpkin had absolutely no sweetness to it. I bet if you add a touch of honey it would turn out well though! These pancakes are a great way to start your day. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment