Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Protein Packed Breakfast

As many of you know I have taken on a challenge where I eat strictly Paleo foods for the entire month of October. Being a cereal for breakfast girl since I could eat solid foods, I knew breakfast was going to be one of my biggest challenges. One realization I've made over the past few days is that having protein and healthy fat in the morning means I don't get hungry an hour after I eat breakfast. I really stay satisfied for hours after I eat. Amazing! Anyway, I've been trying to get creative and this breakfast I made yesterday morning was really good, albeit a little messy :) I've also been trying to incorporate egg yolk into my morning eggs. I've always hated the taste but I know the yolk is packed with important vitamins and minerals. So as you can see in the picture below there is a teeny bit of yellow. Slowly but surely!


Paleo Egg "Taco":

~Pan fry 3 egg whites (or whole eggs!) in a drizzle of olive oil or coconut oil in 10 inch pan
~ Slice a mushroom, a few grape tomatoes and 1/4 avocado and place inside the egg after its cooked
~Fold up like a taco and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment