Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Rule

I was going to make a post on all the healthy choices you could make at a Thanksgiving table, but then it occurred to me...Thanksgiving is one day a year. On this one day you shouldn't be worried about staying on track, calories, or anything like that. Thanksgiving is a day dedicated to gratitude, so be thankful for the fact that you have the opportunity to eat all of this yummy food! I only have one rule on Thanksiving (or any other day you know you are going to have a feast), and that is to not skip all your other meals. Often people think, well if I skip breakfast and lunch it will sort of justify how much I eat at dinner. This, my friends, is not smart. You will be starving all day and so ravenous by dinner time that you will eat 3x as much. Eat a protein rich breakfast and a light, healthy lunch so that when dinner rolls around you won't want (or need to) eat everything in sight. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment