Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Best Workout Stuff Ever!





manduka black mat pro.
This is my island when I practice. It is the best yoga mat ever. It is incredibly thick, extremely durable, and has the best traction. The only drawback is the price (100 bucks, but if you practice often it is worth every penny) and its weight. I think it's about 7 or 8 pounds, which is fine when you are running from your car to the studio, but I would suggest the manduka pro lite if you are traveling a lot with your mat. Hint: save 15 dollars by ordering on amazon.



danskin pilates magic circle.
I've tried many different magic circles and this one is by far my favorite. This also happens to be one of the more less expensive rings too...bonus! I think I bought this bad boy at Walmart for like 12 bucks. It has the perfect amount of tension, inner and outer cushions, and is very, very light. Trust me, when you are on your 20th toe dip your hip flexors will love how light it is!



lululemon wunder under crops.
I own these in every color they make. They are definitely on the pricier end for cropped leggings, but for good reason. Once you own a piece of clothing from lululemon you will understand why people are obsessed with it. These crops are like heaven--the fabric is thick enough that you can bend forward without any sheerness whatsoever (no matter how sweaty you are) yet light and breathable enough that it doesn't cause your body to sweat or hold in moisture. The waistband kind of sucks you in but in a non binding, comfortable fashion. They even have little built in pockets in the front for your keys/credit card, whatever. So many amazing little details in lulu clothing. Oh and most importantly, they are the only crops I can wear through a full 90 minute hot power yoga class that I don't even have to adjust once.



nike pro combat shorts.
Love these. Have them in every color of the rainbow. They do have a tendency to ride up but whatever, they are really comfortable and inexpensive.





foam roller.
You can roll out just about any muscle on a foam roller. I especially love rolling around on my back! If you have one of these and a lacrosse ball, you never have to pay for a deep tissue massage again. Warning: lacrosse balls hurt, but they get knots out.




yogitoes skidless towel.
Never slip and slide on a yoga mat again. This towel has grippies on the bottom side and never shifts around during your practice. They are on the pricey side (60-70 bucks), but again get it on amazon. They also come in a bunch of colors and prints. I have a tye dye one I paid 50 bucks for on amazon :)




lululemon pirouette satin headband.
Again, another great lulu find. I have an extremely small noggin and headbands never fit me, and the ones that do (read: child-sized) are always juvenile and never stay in place. These headbands are adjustable like a bra strap and will literally fit any size head. It also has a line of gripper material (silicone or something) down the middle of the headband on the inside that holds it in place at all times and doesn't pull your hair out when you take it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment