Sunday, August 14, 2011

All Those Mocha Lattes, You Gotta Do Pilates

Gotta love Kanye's "Workout Plan"! Today is my rest day so I am currently making playlists for my classes, as well as catching up on sleep and really trying to get this social media thing up and going. I'm working on building a website and was mapping it out at panera this afternoon when it started raining. Whenever its a rainy, lazy sunday I immediately crave starbucks. I promised myself when iI bought a keurig that I would never go to starbucks again, but today I just got lured in by its big comfy chairs and delicious hot tea. I ended up with a grande vanilla rooibos tea with a splash of soy milk and a splenda. Under 50 calories of heaven! Anyway, back to the music....What kind of music gets you up and moving? I have different playlists for different types of classes. I categorize them into two groups: "chill" and "upbeat". Sometimes I mix the two when I'm feeling crazy! Here are my mixes for my classes next week:

UPBEAT:
Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
Rolling in the Deep - Adele
Electric Feel - MGMT
Ghosts N Stuff - Deadmau5
Jai Ho - A.R. Rahman (from the slumdog millionaire soundtrack...the whole album is awesome, btw)
Suerte - Shakira
Something to Talk About - Bonnie Raitt
Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston
Any Man of Mine - Shania Twain
Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland
Take Your Mama - Scissor Sisters
What a Feelin' - Irene Cara
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
All of the Lights - Kanye West


CHILL:
A Touch of Jazz - DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
Breathe Me - Sia
Dagmar Nao Tava Nao (Motor City Drum Ensemble Remix) - Wax Poetic
Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
Angels - Wax Poetic
Where Do I Begin (Away Team Mix) - Shirley Bassey
Come on Closer - Jem
Facades - Philip Glass
Fuego! - Murder By Death (->my friend's band. they are INCREDIBLE. check 'em out on itunes)
Stand By Me - Ben E. King
Jolene - Vicci Martinez (cover of Dolly Parton, but Vicci's voice is insane)
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac


No comments:

Post a Comment