Friday, February 3, 2012

Omega 3s

Yesterday when I was at yoga I received the best compliment! A girl asked me what products I used because my hair "looked so shiny and healthy". At first I wasn't really sure she was talking to me because I've never been a fan of my hair--it's fine and wavy, which means its limp when I straighten it and if its the least bit humid, it's a frizzy mess. It never does what I want it to do and my whole life I feel like I've been fighting it. I don't think anyone has ever complimented me on my hair before, but it was so nice! I peeked in the mirror and lo and behold it really was super shiny. As I thought about what products I use...it's really nothing special. I switch around and basically use shampoo and conditioner based on scent. I started telling the girl what shampoo I was currently using, and then it dawned on me. It's all those omega 3s I take! I take 4 high quality omega 3 pills a day--for about a month or so now--and come to think of it, my hair is so much healthier looking, my nails are strong and don't break all the time, and my skin looks better than it has in years! Besides all of the awesome heart health benefits, taking omega 3s will most certainly improve your overall appearance. I currently use Innate Choice Omega Sufficiency Gel Caps. For the longest time I shied away from omega 3 pills because of the nasty fish taste. When my CrossFit coaches told me about Innate Choice they assured me that there was no fish taste at all because a high quality omega pill won't taste fishy. The ones that have that taste haven't been purified well are are shitty quality. I took the risk and paid 35 bucks for the bottle, and they were right! No bad taste whatsoever. The old saying holds true--you get what you pay for!

In addition to my supplements I eat a lot of flaxseed meal, tuna, walnuts, and omega 3 enriched eggs. Try to find as many food sources of this heart healthy fatty acid to improve both your cardiovascular health as well as appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment