Friday, December 30, 2011

Lazy Dinner For a Lazy Blogger

Between technical difficulties with my laptop, travel, and a little bit of holiday laziness I have been majorly slacking on my updates...but I'm back! Around this time of year, does anyone else feel like just being a lazy bum when it comes to cooking? After so many holiday parties, potlucks, etc. I am cooked out. I have lately discovered the joys of making what I refer to as "half ass homemade" meals. I belong to a coop grocery store in the city I live (check out Bloomingfoods if you are in the Bloomington, IN area). They have a great selection of pre-made foods that are all made fresh in store, with all ingredients listed so you know what you are eating. They also have a great hot and salad bar--like a mini Whole Foods. What I like to do is buy some of their delicious pre-made stuff and mix it with my own creations, cutting my cooking time in half. The food is really affordable and I usually buy enough so I can have leftovers for lunch the next day. A couple nights ago I bought 16 oz of their vegan chili, cooked a pound of ground bison, mixed the two together and made 2 meals out of it, though I think most people could have gotten 3-4 servings. Either way, it took me about 6 minutes to prepare...can't really beat that! Happy half-ass cooking everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment